Peak Events is an award winning event planning and production company in Northern Arizona that focuses on the planning, coordination, and production of premier events. Peak Events was started out of a passion, drive and enthusiasm for the events we create. Owned by mother/daughter team, Debbi and Jennifer Grogan, our goal is to offer each client an experience that is unforgettable, unique and flawless. We work hard, laugh often, and invest all energy into the creation of unforgettable events. We want our clients to enjoy the creation, implementation and execution of their event, so we approach every event consultation as an opportunity to make future friends – so get to know us, after all, you probably will never forget us, or the events we produce.
Debbi Grogan, a fifth generation Arizonan, started Peak Events in 2001 after spending most of her career in the nonprofit world. Realizing that life is too short not to have fun every day, Debbi transferred her extensive fundraising and event planning skills into Peak Events, finding the perfect outlet for her creative and outgoing personality. Debbi spent the first years of the business focusing on social events, and in 2008 expanded the business to include her love of festivals which has resulted in the Flagstaff Oktoberfest, Rock the House and the Flagstaff Blues and Brews. Debbi is always thinking of another festival to bring to Northern Arizona, so stay tuned. Debbi is active in the Flagstaff community as well as serving on the NAU Alumni Board, and when not working on events, can be found in her garden, on the golf course, or at Lake Powell which she fondly nicknamed her happy place. You can contact Debbi here or by phone at 928-606-5601.
Jennifer grew up in Flagstaff and has been involved with Peak Events since its inception. While attending NAU, Jennifer and her sorority sisters were hired for events and from day one, she knew this was something she wanted to do. After graduating from NAU in Public Relations and Advertising, Jennifer helped with the marketing of the business, while gaining experience as a marketing manager for both an online company and a local engineering firm. In 2009, Jennifer joined Peak Events as a partner and started producing Rock the House and the Flagstaff Oktoberfest. In 2010, Jennifer found an excellent fit to her organizational skills when Peak Events began producing conferences. Jennifer has a unique ability to keep committees and groups organized and on schedule which has proven invaluable when working on conferences. 2013 Peak Events began producing the successful Flagstaff Blues and Brews Festival. In 2014 Jennifer helped produce the Mountain Country Music Festival. Jennifer is actively involved with the Flagstaff Community, as a board member of Goodwill of Northern Arizona and on the Parks and Recreation Commission.When Jennifer isn’t busy planning events, she enjoys snow skiing, spending time with her Boxer, Duke and also spending time at Lake Powell. You can contact Jennifer here or by phone at 928-606-7600.
Elizabeth "Libby" Litten
My name is Libby Litten, born and raised in Ventura, California! I am currently a sophomore studying Hotel and Restaurant Management, with a certificate in Event Planning and my minor in Business. Hoping to steer more into just event planning in the future. To go into professional sports event coordination would be the dream! This is starting my second year at Peak and I couldn’t imagine working and being mentored by anyone besides these two amazing women and event planners this past year. It’s such a great hands on experience to get the feel for all aspects in event planning. Since we are a small group putting on these huge successful events you get so much more out of it than you would ever guess. Can’t wait for the next 3 years and to see how much more I grow in event planning!
Hi, my name is Jasmine Landavazo! I am a hotel and restaurant management major with a minor in business. I am 19 years old and a freshman at Northern Arizona University. I have experience in event planning and can’t wait to see what I learn from Peak Events. I love event planning, therefore I hope to receive a certificate in it. I love traveling, trying new food, and spending time with my adorable dog, Austin.
Krista is a full time student at NAU, she is majoring in Hotel Restaurant Management. Krista has an interest in planning mostly weddings but is open to planning all types of events. In her downtime she enjoys hiking with her dogs, shopping and trying new restaurants around flagstaff. Krista is looking forward to gaining experience in the event planning field and working and learning from the Peak Events team.
Hello! My name is Kira Tucker and I’m a sophomore at NAU. I plan on getting my degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management with an Event Management Certificate. I am also double majoring in French with a minor in Business. After graduation, I plan to move to the south of France to manage yachts and villas while working closely with the catering companies to plan events. I am already working on an internship for the summer there. I’ve been working with Peak Events for almost a year now and I’ve learned so much about the behind-the-scenes and planning of events like Flagstaff Blues and Brews and Oktoberfest. I love singing, playing tennis, and writing stories for my blog.
My name is Jamie Wigner; I was born near Chicago, IL and have lived near Atlanta, GA as well as Phoenix, AZ before moving to Flagstaff to pursue a Bachelors degree in Interior Design at NAU! I love traveling and hope to take my career all over the world. I am currently a Senior and am very excited to make my last year such an incredible one with Peak Events! I added a certificate in Event Management to my degree a couple of years ago and since then have fallen in love with event planning and the whole concept of creating amazing events for people! I can’t wait to soak up all the experience I can with the wonderful ladies of Peak Events!
My name is Rae Millard; I was raised in Northern California but have recently moved to San Diego in the summer of 2017. My parents both raised my three sisters and I growing up. I am obsessed with my small puppy who is a maltipoo named Harley. Some of my favorite things to do is hang out with my family and friends. I am very outgoing and love to meet new people. I love being outside and going to the beach, I see myself as a very active person and find myself always busy. I believe there is always a reason for everything and the best way to look at life is in a positive way. I can’t wait to work for Peak Events these next two years and show my passion for Event Planning.
Hey there! My name is Gabby, I’m from Tucson, Az. I am a Junior at NAU and I’m currently studying Hotel and Restaurant Management with a certificate in event management. I first discovered my passion for events during my first year at NAU when I joined the National Association for Catering and Events. I’m super excited to be apart of the Peak Events Team and I can’t wait to see what this internship will bring as I dive into the world of events! In my free time I’m usually trying new things (mostly food), on new adventures and finding new ways to be creative.
Hello, this is Rachel Mahkovec. I’m an NAU student, with a graduation date set in May of this year, working towards my degree in Parks and Recreation Management with an emphasis in Community, Commercial, and Tourism. What that means is I hope to be working for a city’s department of parks and recreation, planning events for the community, once I graduate. Planning is my hobby and I hope to soon turn it into my job. I’m still new to the event planning game, but I have helped plan a parade and have volunteered for a dozen or so events. Peak Events is offering me the wonderful opportunity to help plan the Blues and Brews Festival and I am excited to get to work.
Hello! My name is Jasmine Davis and I’m a junior studying Hotel & Restaurant Management with a minor in Business and a certificate in Event Planning at NAU. I have always had a love for events but when I joined the NAU chapter of the National Association for Catering and Events my love turned into a passion! I’m excited to be apart of the Peak Events team and to learn everything I can for my last year and a half at NAU.
Howdy! My name is Emma Gray, and I am from Gardnerville, Nevada! I’m currently a Junior at NAU studying Hotel and Restaurant Management with a minor in Business and a certificate in Event Planning. I work for SUN Entertainment, planning concerts and events on campus, and am also involved with the National Association of Catering and Events and the NAU Kayettes doing community service! I have a passion for making others happy and creating memories, so I’m so excited to work with Peak Events!
Past Interns - "Where Are They Now?"
- Worked for Peak Events from the beginning of my sophomore year (September 2015) to the end of my Junior Year (June 2017).
- Emily is currently finishing up her senior year and getting ready to graduate in May! She is also working for NAU Summer Camps & Conferences as a Conference Planning Supervisor, and will be staying here in Flagstaff after graduation to work here for a few years!
- ”Peak Events was a really unique internship and gave me the chance to experience many different types of events. With 2 Oktoberfest’s, 2 Blues & Brews, 2 Star Parties, a wedding, and even some corporate parties and a fundraiser, I got to really get a grasp of different events and what I want to pursue for my career. I learned a lot about myself and what I am capable of, as well as what I need to work on. Peak Events definitely made me stronger and gave me an amazing introduction into the world of events!”
- Worked 2017-2018, not quite a full year.
- Kyrstin is currently a restaurant manager at one of the highest volume Old Spaghetti Factory locations, San Diego. No social life at the moment due to a rigorous training program.
- ”Peak Events gave me the first opportunity in a work environment to experience being delegated to complete projects and complete them with positive results all on my own. It also gave me the opportunity to oversee and lead/instruct a team to perform specific duties. These were such valuable tools going into a management role where I will have to execute projects on my own as well as lead a team of people to work together towards success on a busy evening.”
- I worked for Peak Events during the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Currently Elizabeth is in her last semester of grad school at University of San Diego, getting her masters in Higher Education Leadership.
- ”Peak Events helped me develop skills to use in my future career which will be Student Affairs. Although my whole job isn’t event planning technically, I now get to help my students at the college I work at plan their own events and I feel confident that I’m steering them in the right direction because of everything that I learned through interning at Peak Events”
- I just moved to Minnesota and I am currently job searching for a role in Event Management.
- Peak Events allowed me to gain experience in a variety of large and small events. Peak Events allows for you to experience both the planning and execution side of events.
- I graduated from NAU with a Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management and an Event Management Certificate on December 14, 2018. While I’ve been living in Phoenix post-graduation, I have been preparing to move to Orlando, FL at the end of the month. I will be participating in a Disney College Program as a Character Attendant until August 2019. I hope to participate in a Disney Professional Internship immediately following my college program. I plan to live in Orlando for a year and hope to come back to Arizona and work in events in Phoenix afterwards. One goal I have for my future is to work on a team for larger music festivals in Phoenix like Pot of Gold, 8123 Fest, The McDowell Mountain Music Festival, or Decadence. I’m excited for new adventures post-grad, and I am so glad that I was able to gain the experience I have from Peak Events. I will be able to apply everything I have learned from Peak to my future in festivals and events.s.
- Worked for the summer for 2015
- Meredith is currently working full time at University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls as the Aquatics and Certifications Coordinator. She is also pursuing her Masters degree in Public Health. In her “free” time she’s enjoying training for a half marathon and another relay running race. Meredith enjoys hanging out with her friends and family and taking advantage of times where she can sit and read a book for leisure.
- ”Peak Events had some big benefits for me that helped me progress personally and in my field. Personally, it helped my self confidence, to make a situation, and act on that situation. I had that confidence that I didn’t need all the direction provided to me and going with what I felt was the right approach or decision. It helped me professionally because this helps a tremendous amount with my current position. I do not have another assistant with me to bounce off ideas or how to go about tasks. I need to make those decisions and be pleased with it. Marketing and communication skills also translate to my job right now as well. I run two programs and in order for those programs to be effective I need to advertise to the right audience and communicate well.”
- Worked the summer of 2015.
- Jordan is about to graduate with her English literature degree in spring and will be teaching in 2019!
- “Peak events helped me with my leadership and organizational skills that are absolutely essential for teachers to have.”
- Worked from January-December of 2017
- Currently Ashley is working in Orlando, FL participating in the Disney college program.
- Working at the Magic Kingdom at a restaurant as a hostess
- ”I am looking to find my way into events at Disney and working at Peak Events has given me different skills and experience to help prepare me to put together events for a company like Disney.”
- Worked from 2014-2015
- Brooke is currently living in Austin TX as the operations manager for a hotel ran by Interstate Hotels & Resorts
- ”Peak events helped me to get to where I am now by giving me a chance to work in events when I had very little events knowledge or experience, they took a chance on me. They taught me a lot about sponsorship and the hard work that goes in to the type of productions that they put on. One day I hope to get back into the events side of hospitality because of Peak Events!”
- Worked with Peak Events from January 2017 – January 2018
- Lauren is a senior, and the student body president at NAU (why she had to stop interning)
- ”Peak events helped me to develop event planning skills, organizational tactics, some of the best mentors in Flagstaff, and great memories planning the events and staffing them. Such an amazing experience”
- 2010-still currently involved but not as an intern
- Communications and administration for a church in Mesa,AZ.
- “Helped beef up my resume and show that I can handle coordination with great detail!”
- I think spring 2013
- I am a National Team Sales Manager at Trunk Club in Dallas.
- Peak Events taught me the value of good management and going after what you want.
- Worked for Peak Events in 2017
- Currently working full time at Tucson Federal Credit Union and also finishing her communications degree with a minor in psychology at the UofA Online. Also, recently started a lifestyle/beauty blog and Jackie is working on making that profitable!
- ”Peak events helped me get here by helping me better understand how a business works and really learning how to pay attention to details. I never knew how much work really goes into making a business run or even running an event like Blues and Brews. I’ve become a lot more appreciative of how small businesses get going as well from working for peak events even as trying to make my own online blog work and earn me money”
- Currently I live in Seattle Washington, I am working as a dispatch manager. I am also planning my friends weddings on the side because I still think it’s fun! I like to hangout and play with my Boster Terrier, Hudson also known as Haus!
- Peak Events helped me get where I am today because they taught me organization, hard work and my passion for events! Because of Peak Events I have realized that I do love event-planning and I would love to do it full time eventually!
- Worked for Peak Events for about 2 years
- Brianna is not currently working, but is a stay at home mom
- ”Peak Events helped me just in my daily life. On how to be organized when just planning something simple from a dinner party to a birthday party, always be prepared!”
- I worked for Peak Events for about 10 months during my senior year!
- Currently Mackenzie is an Event and Sales Coordinator at a entertainment facility in Mesa. She mainly work on booking team building programs/smaller events for corporate groups, ASU teams & clubs, large church youth groups and other organizations. Also participated in the planning process of larger scale events such as high school Grad Nights, Sweet 16 birthday parties, corporate holiday parties, etc. Additionally Mackenzie is in charge of the companies entire social media presence so daily she is working on coming up with new content and posting/keeping our social media accounts active and updated!
- ”Peak Events definitely helped me gain the experience I needed to land the position I am in today. I was exposed to so many different elements of planning both large and small scale events from the brainstorming phase all the way to the actual event. Working on Oktoberfest was an awesome experience and taught me a lot about running huge festival style events, which sadly I’m not currently doing but would love to again at some point. But the biggest thing Peak Events helped me learn was that no matter what when working with a team communication is KEY!!!”
- Worked for Peak Events for roughly 2 years
- Meghann currently works as an Event Management Voyager for the JW Marriott and Ritz-Carlton Los Angeles L.A. LIVE. It is essentially a Manager-in-Training program for recent graduates. She trained for a few months in each supervisory/managerial role in the Banquet and Event Management departments at this property.
- ”Peak Events was my first introduction into the Event Planning world. While it was mainly social events, it allowed me to familiarize myself with the concept of creating and maintaining relationships with vendors, sponsors, and internal and external clientele. I got the unique perspective of a family-owned business built from the ground up that was highly regarded within the community. Having this experience gave me opportunities that led to the amazing job I have now.”
Haley Van Dyke
- Worked from May 2012-October 2014
- Haley is currently an account manager and on-site coordinator for The Color Run. She love bringing on fun brands and sponsors to our events. Haley enjoys the fast pace environment of events and creating memorable experiences for participants.
- ”Peak Events lined me up for success in events by allowing me to experience first hand working with sponsors and local business which allowed me to gain connections in the community. They believed in me and encouraged me in the events world and I wouldn’t be where I am today without them.”
- Started August 2014 and will still show up from time to time for events!
- Lindsey is currently working as Field Marketing Specialist for Peter Piper Pizza.
- “Peak Events gave me a solid start! They helped me find my passion for community events and festivals. I had been working for the YMCA for a bit as their event coordinator but if it wasn’t for Jen and Deb I wouldn’t have got my feet wet with Municipal. Because of them building me up my professor selected me to be the coordinator for the PRM class where we plan a St. Patrick’s Day Parade… Where my current boss saw my potential and said I need to apply for this Field Marketing Job with Peter Piper Pizza.
- I really can’t thank Peak enough for all the opportunities they have given me. They have truly helped me grow as a planner, a leader, and as a Community Liaison.”
- Worked for Peak Events for one year
- Currently, Megan is a Event Coordinator at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library.
She deals with a wide variety of clientele- from the Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau to companies such as Amgen and For the Troops. Megan is also a wedding coordinator for her church (Moorpark Presbyterian Church), there wasn’t a lot to work with in this position so she is working on developing a contract and some marketing material.
- ”Peak Events helped me get to where I am now in so many ways. By working for Peak Events I learned so much about event planning and management. I learned what goes in to hosting large scale events and how to facilitate those events. I learned how stressful events can be and how to control that stress, especially when I’m tired. What I got most out working for Peak Events which I never expected was confidence. I grew in my confidence of knowledge and experience and now can be confident in decisions I make and how things should be managed. I am so grateful for this company and my experience with Peak Events.”
- I am working as a design assistant for Herron Interior Design and Heath’s Paint Center. Really involved in my community church and serving as a CARES team member with Apartment life at the Bella properties here in Flagstaff, AZ.
- Peak Events helped me get a real good understanding on how to communicate and organize tasks more effectively . This helps me greatly, especially in my field with having to communicate with many vendors, manufactures, workrooms and most importantly our clients. Learning to network and how to schedule things for our clients projects.